Monday, November 12, 2012

Windows Update fails with code 800B0001 when checking WSUS (works for web updates) after installing latest version of 7 Windows Update software

I was having the same issue on my systems and found this patch for WSUS 3.0 SP2. It was released around the same timeframe that Microsoft change the client on Microsoft Update.


I applied the patch on my WSUS server last night and my clients automatically updated there Windows Update client to what appears to be the same version as listed on Microsoft Update. My machines no longer have the issue and I can switch between checking WSUS and Microsoft Update without issue. 

1 comment:


  1. I faced the same problem and I got solution from: http://www.microsoftsupportchat.com/blog/post/Error-code-800B0001/

    ReplyDelete