Thursday, September 18, 2014

12c Client: How to Resolve Error [INS-30131] on Win7 x64 Install?

I got error message when I install Oracle client 12c x64.

  • Downloaded the 12g client for x64 from Oracle's web site.
  • Extracted the zip file.
  • Right-clicked on "Setup.exe" and selected "Run as Administrator."
  • Passed the OUI monitor check and it prepped the install from a temp directory.
  • Installer opens
  • I select a custom installation type (I'm really only looking for the odp.net managed DLLs) and click next.
  • I skip software updates and click Next.
  • I see the following error message: "[INS-30131] Initial setup required for the execution of installer validations failed." Cause: "Failed to access the temporary location".
Solution:
I stop the service OracleRemExecServiceV2 and re-install the client it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment