Wednesday, April 18, 2018

In OpManager, How to resolve SQL Cache Memory alerts

I am running SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard (x64) on a Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise x64 Virtual Machine (vmware ESX 4.1).  I have given the VM 8GB of RAM and 4 vCPUs.  I am constantly getting the SQL Cache Memory alerts saying that my threshold has been surpassed.  I've done researc on the Internet but could not find how to resolve this.

Solution:

OpManager itself has some predefined thresholds for few of the MSSQL monitors. This threshold value might not be applicable for all the environments. So in those cases, it will be better to get the average monitored value of this metric and then update it threshold value.

Go to the snapshot page of the device and you can find the MSSQL monitor which is violating the threshold. Find its average monitored value over a period of time and change its threshold settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment